Sunday, January 29, 2006

Time Limited Offer

On the first day of the New Year, old Matt woke up to watch the snowflakes fall outside his home. Matt hadn’t partake in any New Year’s celebration for 30 years. The last parish New Year’s Eve party was at St. John’s in Spencerport that he could remember. Matt hated the cold and winter. He swore that he had not seen the sun since before Thanksgiving. Rochester winters were interminently long with ice and cold lasting from Thanksgiving to Easter. This morning he thought about old times. There were the polka parties he use to dance at St. Stanislaus Parish and the time he dressed as Raggedy Andy and polka danced 6 miles along Highland Avenue to raise money for St. James School. Now life at times seemed so ethereal. What had he learned with all his years? An old buddy told Matt that he no longer buys green bananas because he doesn’t know how much time he has left. He believes at his age, one must go for the rich flavor of life or miss it all together. What have I learned so far... God’s love involve great risks and when you lose, don’t lose the lesson. I found that not getting what you want is a gift. Spend some time alone every morning and pray or write some Sonshine. In prayer, remember to thank God each morning. Always be gentle with one another and your kitty and horse. In my practice, I have learned in difficult times with loved ones, don’t dig up the past. In my ministry, there is only one important time, and that is "now." God gives us one opportunity at a time. Loving neighbor means the person I am sending this email is the most important person at this very moment and caring for you is my most important task. Be good to yourself, once a year go someplace you never been before. (I like to visit Ireland.) And live a good, kind life in the ways of the Lord and when you get older and think back, you will be able to enjoy it a second time. Afterall, life is a TIME LIMITED OFFER.

Lord, I pray for my Sonshine Friends that in this New Year you will lead us to your peace. Let your grace be stronger than our weakness and lead us to the joy you have prepared for us. My photo is an image of Spring to come for all my Sonshine Friends.