Sunday, October 03, 2021

I Am Praying for You

 I’m sitting at my breakfast table, having my morning coffee and cereal and praying for you:

 

Rosalie Fafinski, Henry Fafinski ( our little boy having another heart surgery in Ohio), Steve Biklen  Val Richter, Veronica Faulkner, Mike Casale, Catherine Casale, Cheryl (our faithful hospicenurse in Florida who has to retire due to her poor heart),  Patti, Yvonne, Brad, Anne Marie, Bishop Mack, Fr. Adam, Fr. Nadeem, Rebecca Yaqoob, Joyce, Debby Ruszala, Nathalie & Louis Aillaud, Louis, Denny Meyer family, Dick Reisdorf (Dick went to heaven last week),  Kelli Cavanaugh, Sue Neary, all the children at Mary Cariola, and let’s add Timothy and anyone you forgot to forward prayers.

 

I’m preparing to drive to Rochester this Sunday morning to respond to a critical incident request at an urgent care facility where nurses experienced a traumatic death of a patient.

 

While briefly away with friends in the Adirondacks, I was asked it seemed that I am not retired. My humble response is that God has me launched on a new adventure. My purpose continues to minister to the needs of the poor and suffering. Know that as our paths have crossed in the past whether in a parish, hospital, school or workplace, your life and health are most important to me. I am only a text or cell phone call away, so never hesitate to call or text with an update about yourself, family or friends.

 

This morning’s Sunday Mass prayers will be at my breakfast table, but let me share one photo I took on Tuesday morning that reflects God’s love for you. May I suggest that you take one moment and imagine you are with God who is at your side to hold and embrace your tears and fears and allow him to bathe you in his love and comfort your weary soul.

 


 

 

Lord, I continue to pray for all my Sonshine Friends that you let them know not to be afraid. You come to each of us in our hour of need and to take away our tears and sorrows and pain. Fr. Matt (shepherd)