Sunday, March 04, 2007

Who Lights Up Our Face?

Once in a while, perhaps in a rare moment when we are very much discouraged or overwhelmed, we deeply encounter the Lord in prayer, or we meet a kind and understanding person who lights up our face with the warmth of understanding and kind love. Such moments can keep us going for a long time.

Last week, a Sonshine Friend developed complications and required major surgery to correct a blockage. I called a long-time physician late at night and he took the time to explain the treatment, which brought light to the subject and settled my worst fears.

There is a distinguished professor who finds the time to light up my day by offering his support and prayers in my ministry. I know when he speaks; it is more than words for he speaks from his heart.

You know, you are a very important person and I would miss you dearly if something happened to you. Do you know that? Do you really know that you do matter? There are so many with whom I counsel that say they know it, but I feel they know it in their "mind" and not their "heart" It is the heart that matters.

It may not seem to matter if we do what we are supposed to do, but it does matter to God. You matter to God. You are very important to Him. In fact, you are very precious to Him.

Pray and reflect: “When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honor them.” Psalm 91:15.
This tells me that I matter to God. That makes you a very important person. In the music of life, do not fail to make your part of the melody.

Lord, I pray for all my Sonshine Friends who are very important. May they do their part in making beautiful music...right where they are, right where they work, right where they live. May this one take courage in knowing that you are aware of them.