Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Power of Prayer

                                                        


Where does your power come from these days? I sat in front of my computer this morning and when I clicked, the screen was dead. Thank God I knew it was not a “blue screen” which means a bad bug got into your system

 

Rather, I had left my power cord back in the office and my computer had run out of gas. well, not literally, but you get the idea. So, I borrowed another power cord and plugged into the outlet, hit the switch, and for a few moments waited for the power to come on. We’re at 7% as I write this reflection.

 

So, I give you this thought for today. When things go dark, when you are running out of energy, or when you’re pulling out your hair worried about kids on the bus going to school this morning say this prayer and pass it on.

 

Lord, we pray for our students and teachers this morning going back to school. We pray for their health and safety as classrooms and schools have been modified to allow for proper social distancing and hygiene. We pray for the janitorial staff and cafeteria workers, as well as the office staff; we pray that you would keep them safe and protected from the virus. Please protect the families of the students and teachers as they return home each day; please slow the spread of the virus so that it would not infect these families. Lord, we pray for the energy of their teachers that they will be able to plan their lessons and teach all their students, also that the students will be able to learn and keep up with their lessons. We pray for their spiritual growth, in Your name, Jesus. Amen.

 

Now that you drove your kids to school or sent them off on the bus, get yourself a cup of coffee and have a good cry. It will help to relieve your stress and bring you closer to God. Now that’s the power of prayer.