Saturday, September 12, 2020

Fr. Matt's Photo Website

 


 

About a month ago, an international photographer and longtime friend said: “When are you going to have a website with your photos.” To myself I said, whose he kidding, I’m no professional. But… and that’s no excuse, his needling was the motivation to learn how to design a photo website.

 

So, humbly, the following is the “bio” I wrote for the website, and directions how to download Fr. Matt’s Photography:www.frmatt.com

 

“In my next life, I will be an award winning, nationally acclaimed photographer. My work will feature stunning images seen in many of the country’s most prestigious publications. My landscape images will have earned a reputation as one of the finest nature and outdoor photographers in the country.

 

However, I am a ’late bloomer.’ I have humbly served for 43 years as a Catholic hospital chaplain, trauma first responder, parish priest and shepherd to a flock in a rural Wyoming County, NY.

 

I have studied with the help of two gifted photographers, OJ Roth and Brandon Vick, to be a landscape photographer along with my dynamic spiritual stories to focus on capturing the natural beauty of a location. My images highlight the stunning beauty of our national parks, botanical gardens and artistic stain glass designs. Some recent projects include photographing, Glacier National Park, Banff Provincial Park, Picture Rock National Lakeshore, Bryce National Park, Antelope Canyon, as well as, historic lighthouses, covered bridges and stain glass designs from nationwide cathedrals.

 

My goal is to help you fall in love with the locations I visit by sharing my vision and passion through unique photography. I offer imagery with a dynamic storytelling twist to my parishioners, Sonshine Friends and fine art clients.

 

You can see my work by visiting my website and read about my journey on my popular blog Fr. Matt’s Sonshine: http://fathermatt.blogspot.com and my photos: Fr. Matt’s Photography: www.frmatt.com

 

My wish is that these photos find a happy home so that they can be loved and enjoyed for many years. I will use a portion of the proceeds from the sale of these images to support a comfort home for the dying on the grounds of my church and to support the many ministries of our faith community.”

 

We need your support to continue the awesome ministries of our parish.

You can help by forwarding this website: www.frmatt.com to your friends, neighbors, co-workers and email lists of fans and supporters. 

 

Lord, I pray for all my Sonshine Friends that we truly are grateful for the beauty of Your creation. May we praise you and give thanks for all the gifts you shower upon our family and friends.